Models CA 5000 and CA 5000 N
Models CA 5000 and CA 5000 N
CA-5000 Series Systems are THE ONLY freezer alarms available that include closed-loop freezer control of internal temperature using backup carbon dioxide or liquid nitrogen injection. Should your primary freezer temperature control system fail, this unique system WILL MAINTAIN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE by injecting cryogenic coolant into the freezer to maintain preset cooling temperatures! No other system does this!
These systems are meant for freezers, walk-in coolers and environmental chambers that use either carbon dioxide / CO2 (Model CA 5000) or liquid nitrogen / LN2 (Model CA 5000 N).
CA 5000 Series Systems OFFER THE ULTIMATE IN CONTINUOUS SAFE FREEZER STORAGE CONDITIONS. This is especially important for biomedical, laboratory research and commercial food storage applications.
Both models are fully-programmable - including alarm temperature, closed-loop freezer control temperature, and alarm delay periods. Furthermore, ALL operating parameters are stored within a non-volatile memory for continuous system operation in the event of main power failure.
HOW IT WORKS: First, high-pressure source coolant is supplied to the CA 5000 model in use and also cooling coils are added to the freezer itself. Then the unit is programmed for operation. Once in operation, if a compressor fails, power fails, or coolant leakage occurs, the system will notify you of an alarm condition. It will then begin injecting precise quantities of backup cryogenic coolant into the cooler/freezer chamber in order to maintain the preset freezer temperature. This approach goes beyond simple freezer alarm monitoring systems, and provides the ultimate level of assurance that desired product cooling temperatures are maintained until proper servicing can be accomplished.
To operate, you only need to plug-in the power cord, place the sensor inside the freezer where desired, attach the cryogenic coolant to the source and then injection tubing. After this, you simply push three buttons to program both the standard freezer alarm AND the closed-loop freezer temperature control settings. It's really THAT simple!
* Internal battery with integrated charger (which keeps the unit operating for at least 24 hours after a main power failure).
* "BAT" indicator that warns of a disconnected or low back-up battery condition.
* Liquid Carbon Dioxide (CA 5000) version: Backup time is a minimum of 8 hours on one standard cylinder of CO2 at -60 °C.
* Liquid Nitrogen (CA5000 N) Version: Battery backup operation time of around 48 hours - using one 65 liter cylinder of nitrogen at a -65 °C set point.
* User-programmable controls for initial freezer temperature alarm and backup coolant injection feature.
* Visible and audible indicators of system status.
* Multiple level programmable alarm - to minimize nuisance or false alarms.
* Relay outputs for central alarm systems or automatic dialers.
* A door safety interlock switch prevents coolant injection while freezer is being accessed.
Model CA5000 Series: Freezer Temp Alarm/Freezer Temp Controller via Coolant Injection -
Models CA5000 (Carbon Dioxide) and CA5000 N (Liquid Nitrogen) - Pricing
Model CA5000 (C02) - Specs/Brochure
Model CA5000 (LN2) - Specs/Brochure
SECURE ORDER The Model CA5000 or CA5000 N
All Product Documentation for Download
TO PRODUCT LISTING PAGE
Hampshire Controls Corporation
1 Grove Street,
Dover, NH 03821-0516
(Call Toll Free in the US and Canada) 866-496-9424 - (Worldwide) 603-749-9424