CA 5000 and CA 5000 N
CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE
- 24-hour battery back-up in case of main power failure.
Digital display of interior freezer temperature, alarm set-point and freezer operating temperature.
Relay for connecting to any CMS II data logger,
auto dialing alarm or remote alarm.
Lid switch input for safe injection of cryogenic LN2 or C02 liquid into freezers/coolers for closed-loop temperature control.
Large capacity, no maintenance battery
Exception value for functionality.
CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE
CLICK HERE FOR LARGER IMAGE - REAR OF CA 5000
CA-5000 Series Systems are THE ONLY available freezer and walk in cooler alarm/monitor systems that include closed-loop control of internal temperatures via backup injection of carbon dioxide or liquid nitrogen. Should your primary freezer temperature control system fail, this unique system will actually MAINTAIN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE by injecting cryogenic coolant into the freezer to maintain preset cooling temperatures! No other "stand-alone" temperature alarm monitor can do this!
These systems are meant for freezers, walk-in coolers and environmental chambers that use either carbon dioxide (Model CA 5000) or liquid nitrogen (Model CA 5000 N). Either System provides THE ULTIMATE IN CONTINUOUS AND SAFE COLD CHAIN STORAGE CONDITIONS. This is especially important for biomedical, laboratory research and commercial food storage applications.
Both models are fully-programmable - including alarm temperature, closed-loop freezer control temperature, and alarm delay periods. Furthermore, ALL operating parameters are stored within a non-volatile memory for continuous system operation in the event of main power failure.
HOW THEY WORK
First, a high-pressure coolant is supplied to the CA 5000 and cooling coils are added to the freezer itself. Next, the unit is programmed for operation. Once in operation, if a compressor fails, power fails, or coolant leakage occurs, the system will notify you of the alarm condition. THEN, it will begin injecting precise quantities of backup cryogenic coolant into the cooler/freezer chamber to maintain the preset freezer temperature. This approach goes WAY beyond all simple freezer alarm monitor systems - and provides the ultimate level of assurance that desired product cooling temperatures are maintained until proper servicing can be carried out.
To operate, you only need to plug-in the power cord, place the sensor inside the freezer in your desired location, and then you set the temperature alarm setting AND the closed-loop freezer temperature control setting. It's really THAT simple!
* Internal battery with integrated charger (which keeps the unit operating for at least 24 hours after a main power failure).
* "BAT" indicator that warns of a disconnected or low back-up battery condition.
* Liquid Carbon Dioxide (CA 5000) version: Backup time is a minimum of 8 hours on one standard cylinder of CO2 at -60 °C.
* Liquid Nitrogen (CA5000 N) Version: Battery backup operation time of around 48 hours - using one 65 liter cylinder of nitrogen at a -65 °C set point.
* User-programmable controls for initial freezer temperature alarm and backup coolant injection feature.
* Visible and audible indicators of system status.
* Multiple level programmable alarm - to minimize nuisance or false alarms.
* Relay outputs for central alarm systems or automatic dialers.
* A door safety interlock switch prevents coolant injection while freezer is being accessed.
SECURE ORDER THE CA 5000 OR CA 5000 N
CA5000 (Carbon Dioxide) and CA5000 N (Liquid Nitrogen) System Pricing
CA5000 (C02) - Specs/Brochure
CA5000 (LN2) - Specs/Brochure
TO PRODUCT LISTING PAGE
Hampshire Controls Corporation
1 Grove Street,
Dover, NH 03821-0516
(Call Toll Free in the US and Canada) 866-496-9424 - (Worldwide) 603-749-9424