Models CA 5000 and CA 5000 N
Models CA 5000 and CA 5000 N
CA-5000 Series Systems are THE ONLY freezer alarms available that include closed-loop freezer control of internal temperature using backup carbon dioxide or liquid nitrogen injection. Should your cooling system fail, this unique system WILL ACTUALLY MAINTAIN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE by injecting controlled levels of cryogenic coolant to maintain preset operating temperatures! No other system does this! CA 5000 series systems work with freezers, walkin coolers and environmental chambers - and cooler that uses either carbon dioxide/ CO2 (choose Model CA 5000) or liquid nitrogen/LN2 (choose Model CA 5000 N) to "drive" its cooling system.
CA 5000 Series Systems OFFER THE ULTIMATE IN CONTINUOUS SAFE FREEZER OPERATING CONDITIONS -so important for the biomedical, military, and commercial food storage industries.
Both models are fully-programmable - including alarm temperature, closed-loop freezer control temperature, and alarm delay periods. Furthermore, ALL operating parameters are stored within a non-volatile memory for continuous system operation in the event of main power failure.
HOW IT WORKS: first, high-pressure source coolant is supplied to the CA 5000 model in use and to the freezer itself. Once programmed for operation, should a compressor failure or a coolant leakage be detected, the system will notify you of an alarm condition, then it will begin injecting precise quantities of backup cryogenic coolant into the cooler/freezer/chamber in order to maintain your preset freezer temperature. This approach goes beyond simple freezer alarm monitoring systems and provides more assurance that required product cooling temperatures can be maintained until cooler servicing can be accomplished.
To operate, you only need to plug-in the power cord, place the sensor inside the freezer where desired, and attach the cryogenic coolant to the source and injection tubing. After this, you simply push three buttons to program both the standard freezer alarm AND the closed-loop freezer temperature control settings. It's really THAT simple!
* Internal battery with integrated charger (which keeps the unit operating for at least 24 hours after a main power failure).
* "BAT" indicator that warns of a disconnected or low back-up battery condition.
* Liquid Carbon Dioxide (CA 5000) version: Backup time is a minimum of 8 hours on one standard cylinder of CO2 at -60 °C.
* Liquid Nitrogen (CA5000 N) Version: Battery backup operation time of around 48 hours - using one 65 liter cylinder of nitrogen at a -65 °C set point.
* User-programmable controls for freezer alarm and backup coolant injection feature.
* Visible and audible indicators of system status.
* Multiple programmable alarm - to minimize nuisance or false alarms.
* Relay outputs for central alarm systems or automatic dialers.
* A door safety interlock switch prevents coolant injection while freezer is being accessed.
Model CA5000 Series - Freezer Alarm Monitor/Freezer Control via Backup Coolant Injection -
Models CA5000 (for Carbon Dioxide Coolant) and CA5000 N (for Liquid Nitrogen Coolant) - Pricing
Models CA5000 and CA5000 N - Specifications (Consult Factory)
SECURE ORDER The Model CA5000 or CA5000 N
All Product Documentation for Download
TO PRODUCT LISTING PAGE
Hampshire Controls Corporation
1 Grove Street,
Dover, NH 03821-0516
(Call Toll Free in the US and Canada) 866-496-9424 - (Worldwide) 603-749-9424