Laboratory Air Flow Monitor with Alarm Status Indication for Biosafety Cabinets/Laminar Flow Hoods.
Model 'Air Flow Monitor' Product Information.
5% Discount on High & Low Range Models, April 1st-June
30th, 2021: Consult Price List Below!
- Low range version: 50 to 500 FPM.
- High range version: 500 to 2500 FPM.
- Audible and visual alert status indication.
- Audible alarm mute with ring back so no alarm is forgotten.
- Easy probe, power and relay output connections.
- SPDT for remote alert status alarm output.
- Optional wall mounting bracket.
Hampshire Controls' "Air Flow Monitor" is a single probe instrument used for continuous monitoring of mass air flow levels within laboratory biosafety cabinet/laminar flow hoods. The unit also includes audible and visual alarm status indication and an (SPDT) output for remote alarm status indication.
For monitoring air flow, a single, 5/16" diameter probe is used. Once it is inserted into the flow stream properly (see video below), it will respond rapidly, accurately and repeatably. After probe positioning, you only need to set the flow value to "just above" the acceptable desired audible/visual alarm indication threshold.
Should air flow rate drop to the set point
level, a yellow indicator light will illuminate. If flow rate
drops below the established set-point value (for approximately
10 seconds), a red status indicator light will begin to flash
and an audible alarm will sound.
Nominal flow range for standard configurations is either
between 50 and 500 feet/minute (low-range version), or between
500-2500 feet/minute (for high-range versions). Standard units
are designed for operation in air temperatures between 18°C
and 28°C. However, other temperature and flow ranges are
available upon request.
Above video: Setting up and using the Model "Air Flow Monitor" (8-minutes).
- Auto Dialers (Models AD 2000 and AD 2001): System dials a phone/pager to immediately provide alarm notification whenever a set alarm alert level is triggered.
- Remote Alarm Delay Module (Model ADM 215 with Audible & Visual Alarm Indication).