Custom Engineering and Manufacturing Services.
We have extensive expertise in the design and manufacture of semi-custom and fully custom products for OEM, industrial manufacturing, lab research and commercial monitoring/logging applications. See some of our capabilities below.
Customized MPS Series Monitoring System.
Customization of Standard Monitoring/Alarm Systems.
Hampshire Controls Corp. has worked with equipment manufacturers, the U.S. government and also labs and manufacturing companies to develop products that suit a very wide range of monitoring, alarm notification and network logging applications.
The big advantage we have over our outsourcing competitors is that we design and build our systems in-house This enables us to meet any application need that our standard products may not completely satisfy "as is."
Some typical standard product modifications include;
- Specialized analog and digital sensor types (e.g., resistive, voltage, current, I2C, SPI).
- Wired and wireless networked sensors (RF, WiFi, Cellular/LTE).
- Additional digital, analog and relay outputs for process monitoring and control.
- Larger remote displays.
- Integration into networked data logger/alarm system (Ethernet, Wi-Fi).
- Custom panel sizes and colors with OEM artwork.
- Custom NEMA/IP rated enclosures for harsh environments.
- Integration with audio & visual signaling devices (horns & strobes).
- Application-specific firmware.
Fully Custom Design and Manufacturing Services.
We have no problem working on fully custom projects either. Fully custom builds are typical for OEM products, however, they also pertain to unique existing applications you may have at your facility. In any case, we can help.
Our fully custom product development services
- Enclosure selection - to meet environmental requirements (NEMA/IP ratings).
- Enclosure customization (in-house CAD, locally outsourced CNC machining).
- Overlay or panel design; including graphic layout with your logo.
- In-house digital, analog, and mixed-signal PCB design.
- Microcontroller selection to meet your application needs with minimal additional components.
- Sensor data acquisition, amplification, and filtering.
- Power supply design for line-power, battery or mixed-power applications.
- Low-power design for battery powered devices.
- Microcontroller firmware in C and/or assembly language.
- Implementation of industry standard or proprietary communications protocols.
- In-house soldering and rework.
- Product final assembly.
- Testing, burn-in and calibration.