Model CA5000-N: ULT Freezer Monitor with LN2 Backup Injection, NIST Traceable.
Model CA5000-N: ULT Freezer Monitor/Alarm/LN2 Backup
Injection System Product Information.
- Back-up operation time without main power of 48-hours on one, 180-liter cylinder of LN2 at -60 °C set point.
- Back-up operation time for power outages: 48 hours on system battery when fully charged.
- Separate monitor with digital display of interior freezer temperature, user programmable backup activation set-points and coolant injection rates.
- Relay contact output for connecting to central alert notification systems and any auto dialers.
- Door safety interlock switch input to prevent injection of cryogenic liquid when door is open.
- Large capacity, maintenance-free battery and status indicator for disconnected or low battery conditions.
The CA5000-N system provides the ultimate in LN2 freezer back-up protection for ultra low temperature freezers. The system is designed as an add-on for any ULT LN2 freezer and uniquely includes freezer chamber temperature monitoring, alarm level status indication (and alarm level trigger output), battery backup operation and "rate-adjustable" pulsed injection of LN2 into the freezer chamber. A door safety interlock switch is also included to prevent the injection of backup LN2 whenever the main door is open.
The combined features of this system enable optimum extended emergency operation for ultra cold freezer storage of vaccines (like the COVID-19 vaccine), IVF materials, biopharmaceuticals and other biologics in comparison to other systems.
Should a serious mechanical or long-term power
failure occur, the CA5000-N will activate its injection
cooling capabilities after a designated temperature rise is
indicated, and after a user-designated initiation period. LN2
coolant will then be injected into the freezer chamber at the
desired rate through the standard gas input ports all ULT
freezers provide. Note: We supply the tubing from our unit to
the freezer. Tubing between the gas supply and our system must
be connected by the user and/or facilities engineers.
The system is simple to program and includes the ability to
set alarm temperature conditions, alarm delay periods, backup
injection initiation conditions and the gas injection pulse
rate (for optimum chamber temperature control). The system
stores ALL programmed operating parameters within a
non-volatile memory and is "made in the U.S.A." at our Dover,
- Auto Dialers (Models AD 2000 and AD 2001): System dials a phone/pager to immediately provide alarm notification whenever a set alarm level is triggered.
- Remote Alarm Delay Module (Model ADM 215 with
Audible & Visual Alarm Indication).