Model CA5000 C02: Ultra Low Temperature Freezer Monitor/Alarm with CO2 Backup Injection.
Model CA5000: Freezer C02 Backup Injection/Monitor/Alarm
- 10-hour minimum freezer back-up operation using one, 50-pound cylinder of CO2 at -60 °C.
- 48-hour battery back-up in case of main power failure.
- Digital display of interior freezer temperature.
- User programmable alarm set-points and coolant injection rates.
- Relay for connecting to any auto dialing or remote alarm.
- Door safety interlock switch input to prevent injection of coolant while door is open.
- Large capacity maintenance-free battery with charge status indicator.
The CA5000 C02 is the most complete ultra-low temperature freezer C02 backup injection system for the most extreme emergency operational conditions. Besides providing user-adjustable cryogenic injection, the system also includes chamber temperature monitoring, alarm indication (and an alarm output) and battery back-up operation. The system far exceeds other C02 or LN2 freezer backup systems because it combines chamber temperature monitoring, alarm indication, stand-alone battery backup with user controllable (temperature controllable) C02 backup injection!
NOTE: Click here for our model CA5000-N if you need a LN2 backup injection for your ULT freezer system.
Should a serious mechanical or a long-term
power failure occur, the CA5000 C02 will automatically
activate its backup injection cooling capability after a
chamber temperature rise is indicated and after a
user-designated period. Once initiated, C02 coolant is
directly injected into the freezer or cooling cabinet using
the gas injection ports provided on all ULT freezers.
The higher level of safe cooling operation provided is
critical when storing vaccines (like the mRNA COVID-19
vaccine), virus samples, biopharmaceuticals, genetic materials
and other materials that MUST be continuously stored within
tight ultra low temperature ranges.
The system is simple to program and includes the ability to
set and monitor freezer chamber temperature, set alarm
temperature parameters, set alarm delay periods, set backup
cryogenic injection initiation conditions and C02 injection
rates (for emergency control of chamber temperature).
For operational safety, the system includes a door safety interlock switch (to disable gas injection when the main door is open) and all programmed operating parameters are stored within a non-volatile memory. The system is "made in the U.S.A." at our Dover, NH factory.
Note: We supply the tubing from our unit to the freezer. Tubing between the gas supply and our system must be connected by the user and/or facilities engineers.
- Auto Dialers (Models AD 2000 and AD 2001): System dials a phone/pager to immediately provide alarm notification whenever a set alarm level is triggered.
- Remote Alarm Delay Module (Model ADM 215 with Audible and Visual Alarm Indication).
Purchase Your System Now!