Model CA5000 (for cryogenic C02) and Model CA5000 N (for cryogenic Nitrogen):
CLICK FOR LARGER VIEW OF
MODEL CA-5000 C02
48-hour battery back-up in case of main power failure.
Digital display of interior freezer temperature, alarm set-point and freezer operating temperature.
Relay for connecting to any
auto dialing or remote alarm.
Lid switch input for safe injection of cryogenic LN2 or C02 within freezers/coolers for emergency interior temperature maintenance.
Large capacity, maintenance-free battery.
Exceptional value for functionality.
CA-5000 Series Systems are the ultimate in freezer alarm monitoring systems that include emergency injection of C02 or LN2 for extended temperature maintenance of internal temperature should a major operating failure occur. This two-stage operational approach is critical, since it provides the ultimate level of continuous cold chain monitoring and storage for medical tissues, blood and blood components, medical vaccines and lab research materials. Such materials MUST be maintained within a very tight storage temperature range at all times.
Both models are fully-programmable and include the ability to set alarm temperature conditions, alarm delay periods and backup injection initiation conditions. The systems will then operate for up to 48-hours using its built-in battery. In addition, each version stores ALL programmed operating parameters within a non-volatile memory.
System Setup and Operation:
First, the units' temperature sensor is placed inside the freezer for alarm/monitor operation. Second, an injection port and a vent port are added to the freezer. Third, a tank of either cryogenic C02 or N2 is connected to the input port. After these steps are complete, your CA-5000 is ready to program and operate.
In operation, should a compressor fail, a refrigerant leak occur or a main power failure occur, the system will notify you of an alarm condition and ultimately inject backup cryogenic coolant to maintain critical storage temperature. This approach offers you the additional margin-of-safety necessary in order to maintain desired cold storage conditions until emergency repairs and/or product transfer can be conducted.
Key Operational Features:
* Internal battery with integrated charger keeps the unit operating for at least 48 hours after a main power failure.
* "BAT" indicator warns of a disconnected or low back-up battery condition.
* Liquid Carbon Dioxide (CA 5000) version: Minimum backup time is a minimum of 8-hours - assuming the use of a single full "K sized" C02 cylinder at a backup temperature setting of -60 °C, and no door openings.
* Liquid Nitrogen (CA5000 N) version: Backup time is approximately 48-hours - assuming the use of a single 180 liter N2 cylinder at a backup temperature of -70 °C.
* User-programmable setup of freezer temperature alarm and backup injection temperature.
* Visible and audible indicators of system status.
* Multiple level programmable alarm - to minimize nuisance or false alarms.
* Door safety interlock switch prevents coolant injection if freezer door is opened. Also, the system alarms if door remains open.
* Relay outputs for automatic dialers.
CA 5000 Series - Ordering Info:
CA5000 (C02) - Pricing
CA5000N (LN2) - Pricing
CA5000 (C02) - Specs
CA5000N (LN2) - Specs
CA5000 (C02) - Manual
CA5000N (LN2) - Manual
TO PRODUCT LISTING PAGE